Monday, July 27, 2009

Waiting, waiting, waiting

Naturally I called my doctor's office first thing this morning to let him know I'll be available all day on my cell. The thing of it is, though, he's on vacation this week! I told the receptionist I want to hear from the nurse the moment my test results come in. I explained what the tests were, hoping to appeal to empathy and sisterhood.

I've also sent up flares to my best friend that now would be a good time to come to the aid of this ol' gal.

So I've popped a Xanax, put on the Beatles, revised some copy, and am trying not to slowly go nuts. No, wait. I'd prefer to slowly go nuts than to suddenly spin wildly out of control.

I wish the Cubs were playing this afternoon instead of tonight. I wish we'd gotten an enormous, high-profile, high-stress project this morning.

I am not a patient patient.

3 comments:

  1. Good vibes... good thoughts... good stuff coming your way...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we all a little nuts when we are put in the mercies of others....
    prayers for you gal...!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is his office going to call with the results? I hope so. Sending you love and light. Please keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.