Friday, April 10, 2009

Yearning

Maybe it's because my first week back from vacation was pretty rough. Maybe it's because holidays tend to make me a little more introspective than usual. Maybe it's because the Cubs lost to the Brewers. But tonight, I'm filled with longing, an ache for things I can't have.

I want …

• My mom to be young again.

• To have someone who loves me, romantically loves me, that I can have good, clean, dirty fun in bed with.

• My former size 6 body.

• A pretty face.

• To know when the Recession will be over.

• To convince everyone to adopt shelter pets.

• Just a half-hour more with my grandpa. Just 30 more minutes.

• To have more and need less (of everything).

I know, I know. I have been blessed with much in life and I really am grateful. But still, I want ...

5 comments:

  1. All of those wants & needs are normal feelings. We all have them, knowing we are blessed beyond what we deserve.
    Just remember, this is a temporary home, look to God...and know we can have a home in heaven. It will be beyond "belief".
    This world is here to give a longing... and to long for something better...it "can" be possible. (Deut 4:29)
    Hope you don't mind a little spiritual uplifting...I get excited about knowing God has something better coming. Yes, we will have to pass on to get the reward...but then...we all know...life ends.
    On another note, I have a rescue dog...she is the best. She was about 5 when I adopted her...and it took her many years to trust other. Now is very sociable....
    Even tho we have never met I know you are a great person, and I truly believe God has a plan...and I am praying...he will bless you and show his love to you in an answered prayer.
    Keep the faith sister!
    Love ya bunches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh girlfriend, I hear ya. I couldn't have an easier life if I tried but still ... I long for certain things I don't have but really want. We are truly sistahs of the heart.

    No advice, just a shared recognition of our humanness.

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this post was honest and very special. Have a great weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  4. We share many of the same yearnings. I think many of them are normal human desires, and the normal desires of people of a certain age. Some are uniquely your own. They're part of what makes you, you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you're processing a lot right now--and it's overwhelming. I'm sending you good vibes!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.