Tuesday, April 28, 2009
A Command Performance
Mimi has bestowed this lovely award on me. Naturally, I am honored, and honor-bound to follow the directions: "The Honest Scrap award comes with a caveat or 2. Firstly you have to tell your readers 10 things about you they may not know, but that are true. Secondly you have to tag 10 people with the award."
1) When I was 15, I loved Cubs first baseman Joe Pepitone so much that I cried when he was traded. And I'm not a crier. It was devastating. (I had this baseball card.)
2) I wear black only when I'm feeling especially lazy. It's really not a good color on me, leaves me looking washed out, but it goes with everything.
3) "Just the Way You Are" is one of those dumb songs that gets me every time. I know that Billy Joel left that particular muse two wives ago. I know it's a favorite of every wedding singer and karaoke crooner. But someone gave it to me once because it reminded him of me -- "I just want someone that I can talk to. I want you just the way you are." Verklempt!
4) I enjoy the show Morning Joe on MSNBC so much that I nearly ordered Joe Scarborough's book. Then I saw the title: The Last Best Hope: Restoring Conservatism and America's Promise. Oh well, never mind. Still, it's a refreshing show if you enjoy lively political discourse with humor but without incivility.
5) I ordered a pair of navy pumps from Zappos because I thought I had scuffed my only pair beyond the point of repair. Then I discovered I already had another, almost new pair. I really must clean out that closet! (I'm keeping the new ones.)
6) Up until today, when I looked it up, I had no idea where Aruba is.
7) I miss the show Kate and Allie.
8) Bob Hope never made me laugh. Not once. And he lived to be 100! A full century of not making me laugh.
9) If someone wrote my biography, I wonder what the turning points of my life have been. I believe I lack the perspective to recognize these things when they're happening.
10) I still haven't figured out how to hook up my DVD player.
Thanks to Mimi for tagging me. I must get back to work now, but will return later to tag.