Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Idol Observation

I always agreed with Simon, until tonight. I heard Matt indulge his way through a mannered, synthetic rendition of "My Funny Valentine." Amazingly, Simon thought it was authentic, with hints of Nat King Cole. Really? Oh-kaaaaay ...

I enjoyed everyone else. Kris was an adorable, fresh-faced sincere puppy on "Just the Way You Look Tonight." Alison surprised me with a straight up "Someone to Watch Over Me," which used her youth to a touching advantage.

This week, as last week, belonged to Danny and Adam. Danny was attractively alpha on "Come Rain or Shine," kicking it straight through the goal posts. Adam reminded me of Freddie Mercury as he sauntered down the steps singing "Feeling Good." He succeeded at every ambitious twist and turn Matt tried.

Buh-bye, Matt.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like we agree, yet again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Matt is gone.
    Allison was amazing. It was an enjoyable show. One of the best.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.