Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Atta Girl!

My mother went to see her doctor on Tuesday! I'm so happy. Since leaving the hospital, she has not been bouncing back as well as anyone had hoped. She's weak, she's breathless, she has trouble walking ...

Up until Easter. she was refusing to call the doctor and update him. It didn't matter what I said, or my sisters said. Every day she said she wanted to give it "one more day" before she spoke to her physician.

On Easter Sunday I had a private conversation with her. I told her that if I sounded as though I was angry with her, it's because I was. I felt as though she was choosing to leave me. Choosing to die rather than get well. I told her that she's still my mommy and I still need her. She promised me that day that she would phone her doctor on Monday.

I didn't expect she'd really do it, but she did!

She called on Monday, went in for tests and a consultation today, and should return later in the week after the results are in. The doctor is unhappy with her recovery, but doesn't feel she needs to go back into the hospital. We're all grateful for that!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you convinced her to see her doctor. And, no hospital stay, that's certainly good news.

    Thinkin' of you guys...

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEY! I'm glad your mom "heard" you when you spoke from the heart. My guides and angels counsel me to do that and though it's hard and sometimes seems to not make any difference, I know it's important for me to do it.

    Please do keep us posted on how your mom (and YOU) are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank heavens she's finally following through. Your words must have sunk in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your mom is bouncing back soon. It's great she "heard" you and heeded your advice.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.