Monday, March 09, 2009

George Clooney dumped me last night

Ok, technically speaking it was Dr. Doug Ross. And, while I don't know who dumped whom, I have strong suspicions based on the "well-just-look-at-him" factor.

I had a dream last night, undoubtedly inspired by ER teaser commercials that don't show Mr. Clooney. For some reason I was outside the hospital on a cold, rainy night, waiting for a cab, when Dr. Ross appeared. We had one of those poignant, sweet moments that former lovers share (in movies and on TV, but never in real life, at least not in my experience). You know, the "are you happy?" and "what's new with you?" questions.

Why did I dream about George Clooney? Hell, look at him! The real question is, why did my memory of the dream pop into my mind as I was doing leg lifts at the health club?

According to dreammoods.com, the rain may be a metaphor for tears, crying and sadness. (Naturally, because I somehow let him get away.) Since night is often synonymous with reflection and new beginnings, I think this means that Dr. Doug and I are finally over one another.

Or it could all just mean that those NOAH WYLIE! ERIC LASALLE! ER commercials are just too damn ubiquitous.


6 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry! I hope you're able to move on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for your loss. I love ER. I'm gonna miss it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just found your blog from MBC :) I never watched ER actually. Too busy watching my soaps and trash reality shows. Cute blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw the title to your post in my reader and came over to see if you were OK.

    How ya holding up?

    ReplyDelete
  5. He dumped you for me, was that the dream???

    ReplyDelete
  6. George truly felt bad for this as I have his first hand account of it.

    I have a love hate relationship with ER and now that it's ending, seems to be a better show. (Although, they could do without the life and death patient every week....)

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.