Thursday, January 15, 2009

Yeah, but I'm stubborn

It's after 1:00 AM and I'm up again, unable to sleep. I woke up with a headache and a stuffy nose. It's just a cold, no fever, but it's sapping my energy and mornings have been so tough for me.

Thursday promises to be a heinously cold day (the high is predicted to be -1ยบ F). We're terrifyingly slow at work this week and I realize that if I slept in (provided I can go back to sleep!) my coworkers would somehow be able to muddle through without me.

And yet I really can't stand weather whining. It's January in Chicago -- historically our coldest month, when the average temperature is always below freezing. I really resist letting my agenda be altered by the thermometer, or a tenacious airborn virus that's set up a temporary residence inside this old gal.

4 comments:

  1. Feel better....do you have plenty of oranges and vitamins?? And your woobie...that's important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get better soon, take care, rest, and try to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try some hard core drugs. Just spitballing... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feeling yucky in this kind of cold is whine-worthy. Whine away.

    And feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.