Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Fave meme


Liberated from Kwizgiver

1. Political show:
Morning Joe on MSNBC. They always have a variety of opinions represented, and even when the guests disagree, they do it with civility and fun.

2. Picnic food: Potato chips.

3. Mixed drink: I spent my time in Key West enjoying pomegranitinis, and they were very good.

4. U.S. President: Of all time? Lincoln. FDR would be second. My lifetime? Kennedy. All three of them inspired us to rise to the occasion and try to be all we can be as a nation. I have high hopes for Obama (even though I'm old and cynical, I want to believe what we can do if we listen to "our better angels").

5. Kind of student to teach: I'm still learnng myself.

6. Hobby you do or wish you still did: I'd like to learn another language.

7. Sports commentator: Pat and Ron (Pat Hughes and Ron Santo, the Cubs radio team)

8. Sport to watch on TV: Cubs baseball

9. Animal to have as a pet: I'm a feline aficionado

10. Halloween costume you have worn: Harpo Marx

11. Kind of dessert: Right now I'd like a slice of strawberry rhubarb pie

12. Comic strip: I read Apartment 3G when I was in high school. Does it still exist?

13. Ice cream flavor: Mint chocolate chip

14. News source: I'm a news junkie. I read the Chicago Tribune every Mon-Fri, Time and Newsweek, and I watch MSNBC and CNN.

15. Vacation spot: Chateau Elan, a winery and spa in Atlanta. If I'm still employed, I want to go back this March. (That's a photo of the spa above)

16. Wine: Since I'm thinking of Chateau Elan, I'll go with their muscadine wines. Light and sweet and with a kick that creeps up on you.

17. Way to waste time instead of working: blogging, Pogo, email, watching TV (my answers are suspiciously like Kwizgiver's)

18. Reality show: American Idol, especially after the auditions. (This IS Kwizgiver's)

19. Children’s movie: Mary Poppins (Likewise, Kwiz and I are on the same page)

20. Celebrity you wish would retire: Madonna and her, "Oh, look! I'm outrageous" act. To paraphrase Cabaret, "You're about as shocking as an afterdinner mint."

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely compound for the spa. Your answers are great, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couldn't agree more about Madonna.
    Rhubarb anything - yuk.
    Strawberries - yes.
    Blogging a waste of time? Oh come on. You know it's now become a staple of life....just sayin'...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just opened my last jar of strawberry rhubarb jam(no I did't make it) and it is the BEST! Wish you were here so we could share a fresh baked scone with jam....YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great bunch of favorites. McDonna's still around?

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.