Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Tuesday Tunes #16

Word association time again! Give us the artist/album/song etc that you think of when you see the following words:

Country: Reba

Break: I'll Be Back by the Beatles ("You know, if you break my heart I'll go, but I'll be back again.")

New: Another Girl by the Beatles ("You're making me say that I've got nobody but you. But as of today, well, I've got somebody that's new.")

Instrumental: Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass (I hate instrumentals)

Horrid: 70s soft rock (Air Supply, Barry Manilow and Tony Orlando, I'm talkin' to you!)
Bells: Tubular Bells (another instrumental that I hated)

Cute: I Don't Want to be Alone Anymore by Billy Joel ("You're a sad sight, Honey, but you look so cute.")

Cat: Cat Power

Mother: The John Lennon song of that name

Inspirational: "Imagine" (John again!)

To play along, click here.

4 comments:

  1. What a Beatle packed list! Love it. And you are so RIGHT about 70's soft rock. I liked some of it back then, when I was a kid, but now it makes me ill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beatles on the brain, I see. Nice list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Go Beatles!!!

    Reba is an excellent country choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barry Manilow....don't get me started. "Mandy" was the worst of all.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.