Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Heads or Tails #21 -- Three Things


Tell three things you learned in 2008.

1) How to both spell and pronounce Kosuke Fukudome's name. It was hard, but being a Cub fan is not always easy.

2) That before I apply the new silicone, I am supposed to scrub the old grout around my bathroom tiles with bleach. Who knew? Not me, that's for sure. I'm not exactly Ms. Handy Home Depot.

3) Rice with pigeon peas is an authentic Puerto Rican dish and not bad at all. (If there's anything I know less about than home repair, it's cooking.)

To play along, or see to see what other bloggers have learned, click here.

7 comments:

  1. We'd get along just fine, cuz I know nothing about home repairs or cooking either!

    We'd get along fine, but we'd probably make one heck of a mess and have an absolute blast doing it! hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. But can you speak Japanese??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:37 PM

    LOL Good list! I pretend to not know how to cook. I don't like to do it and my husband does. Is that bad?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:04 PM

    Bleach! Good to know. I remember being in college and being responsible for the bathroom in our dorm room. My RA was always on my case because of the nasty grout. Not that that has anything to do with your new silicone...

    I'm pretty sure I've had that rice with pigeon peas or something like it. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You learned valuable stuff! Bleach is a fine thing and pigeon peas have to be a necessary cooking thingy. Good post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAH! I have to silicone my grout in my kitchen as well sometime soon. And now I know!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm still struggling with the spelling of Obama's first name, so don't feel bad. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.