Saturday, January 03, 2009

Saturday 9 -- Dying to Know


1. What do you believe happens when we die? We all go to Heaven.

2. Do you consider yourself religious? I prefer "spiritual."

3. Do you believe in ghosts? No.

4. Do you believe that people live on other planets? Logically, yes. I mean, isn't it arrogant to believe we are the only intelligent life in the universe? But emotionally, no.

5. Have you ever seen something abnormal? "Abnormal?" God, yes! Why just this week I flew from Miami to Key West with a woman who wore a permanent black eye patch, bragged about the new Tiffany tennis bracelet she was wearing, and carried a purse that was filled with nothing but Marlboro Lights. But "supernatural?" No.

6. Do you believe in reincarnation? No.

7. Have you ever witnessed a miracle? No.

8. Is there a person living or dead that influences your philosophies?
Jesus.

9. Is there a work of fiction that closely matches your spiritual beliefs? No. Maybe the The Bible, in that I believe in its truth emotionally but not on a literal level.

Want to play along? Saturday 9: Dying to Know

7 comments:

  1. LOLOLL at number 5, hope you're having a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Marlboro Lights cracked me up! Happy SAturday...

    ReplyDelete
  3. # 5 made me laugh out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:12 PM

    That would fit the definition of "absnormal," all right. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. #5 made me laugh out loud!! Loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That airline passenger was very strange. Did she ask for a light?

    I could line up almost word for word with most of these answers. I also prefer "spiritual" to religious (bah! Too stuffy!) and "believing in the truth of the Bible emotionally" is the perfect answer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11:37 AM

    loved your answer about life on other planet ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.