Saturday, January 03, 2009

Back home


Reflections on my trip ...

• I flew down with John Cusack. He's better looking in person but seems to be losing his battle with male pattern baldness

• The weather was perfect. Between 75º and 80º, slight breeze, sunny.

• My friend hugged me more often than usual. He knows how scared I am about what's about to happen at work and was trying to comfort me.

• I visited a new museum! I thought that after more than 10 trips, I had seen just about all Key West had to offer. WRONG! Mel Fisher's Maritime Museum has been on the island for years, but it was new to me. Treasures of retrieved from shipwrecks like the Atocha are on display. I was stunned by the 78-karat uncut emerald. Gorgeous!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:57 AM

    I'm glad that you had a good time on your vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The museum sounds wonderful. Glad you had a great time and got extra hugs too. That's always nice.
    Good luck on Monday. I'll say a little prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back to the cold! Sounds so nice to enjoy that kind of weather in the middle of winter.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.