Thursday, January 22, 2009

I must never wear this blouse again

For I just caught sight of myself and I look like a fat pigeon. I think it's partly because it's a mock turtleneck and I look astonishingly neckless. I also think it's because I could stand to lose a pound or two (or twenty).

I am trying to stay dedicated to a healthier lifestyle. I did, indeed, work out today. However, if I am to maintain my enthusiasm for this venture, I have to avoid seeing my reflection the way it looks in this blouse. It's very tempting to say, "What the hell!" and grab a pair of Hostess chocolate cupcakes for comfort.

4 comments:

  1. I love chocolate cupcakes!
    There's something at my blog for you. Just knock on the castle door and come on in.
    Santa Fell Down and Kissing Frogs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:56 AM

    I can't wear turtle necks or mock turtle necks...I feel like I'm slowly choking to death.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how you feel. I need to lose about 20 pounds. It's always such a struggle. At least your exercising, which is more then I can say for myself. LOL!! When you get a chance stop by my place. I have something for you. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:34 AM

    I can't wear those darn things either....I have a fat throat...and I feel like I am smothering...
    but I love how they look...my mom had a long thin neck she could wear them...darn it
    hey..your a happy lady don't let this bother you...God loves you the way you are!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.