Friday, October 17, 2008

My hero

What with my post-Cub depression and stock market panic and job fears, I have suffered a loss without allowing myself to absorb it.

I will never see Greg Maddux pitch again.

My favorite Cub of all time very likely played his last game in the Dodgers' loss to the Phillies on Wednesday night. I miss him already. What will my Aprils be like from now on?

Four Cy Young Awards, 355 wins, more Gold Gloves than any other pitcher has won ever …

He said of his role as Dodger reliever in these playoff games, "I felt privileged to do it. I was glad I had a chance to pitch."

It was a privilege to watch him pitch all these years, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.