Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Last Thing I'll Pack

This Rolling Stone cover, pockmarked from pushpins and faded from decades of exposure to both sun and fluorescent light, has followed me from office to office to office since Spring, 1986. The mailing label warns me that my subscription was set to expire in January, 1987. And it did.

This cover introduces the new star of Moonlighting and marks the dawning of my ongoing love affair with Bruce Willis. Didn't he look boyishly charming 20 years ago, when he had hair? I don't feel I should judge too harshly, though, since 20 years I had a waist.

When I reach my new office, regardless of how long I'm there, Bruce will be on the bulletin board. He always seems to know what I'm thinking, and that smirk is appropriate for any professional situation. If only his eyes followed me around the room, it would be perfect!

About the move ... months ago this agency had layoffs and consolidated creative and account teams. They didn't moved the newly reformed teams together, though. Until now. So maestro, play some traveling music for me and my friend Bruce.

1 comment:

  1. *sigh*

    (I'm surprised you don't have that thing framed; y'know, to keep the slobber from staining it! )

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.