Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Am I glad I don't contribute to the RNC? You betcha!

My data is definitely not current so don't quote me, but I remember that in very recent history, the average RNC contributor gives $147/year. But let's go with that number for minute. If it's true, it took 1000 contributors to dress VP candidate Sarah Palin.

As one who worked the phones tirelessly for John Kerry four years ago, this makes me sick.

Not because I'm a Democrat, but because I can't imagine what it must be like to be an RNC volunteer this morning and think about all the dialing he or she had to do to raise $150,000 -- just to find out it went for clothes.

I never felt suckered by the Kerry Campaign. I like to think that the unpaid help who phonebank for the Grand Old Party are just as idealistic as I was. And I think that someone -- maybe not Sarah Palin, but whoever greenlighted these expenditures -- owes those volunteers an apology.

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely incredible from the same folks who say that they won't raise our taxes...put them in office and it will be much worst.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was quite stunned to hear this news story. Plus the hair budget?? yeesh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just want to know where she is going to donate the loot (clothes) when she is done. Did you read the one about the travel for her kids? Yep, she's a winna....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard this on the news today and found myself wondering what Republican contributors to the McCain/Palin campaign are thinking now. Seems like when Michele Obama was on the view she was wearing a dress that cost about $100. What a stark contrast.

    I’m celebrating my 1st Blogoversary TODAY at Small Reflections and tomorrow at Sacred Ruminations. How time flies! Hope you’ll drop by if time permits.
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, V.P. Barbie does have to have the right clothes you know! Is this unbelievable or what?

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.