Thursday, October 30, 2008

Economic casualities


In the humongous office building where I currently work, there used to be a small fragrance store and a restaurant that specialized in salads. Both disappeared this month. Right here in town, I pass an independently-owned furniture store every day as I walk to and from the train. As of this evening, it's empty, too.

I never shopped in any of these places, yet still, I feel like crying. Each of these small business represented someone's dreams and it's painful to consider the heartbreak these closures have caused.

2 comments:

  1. This is sad. I'm seeing a lot of these in my area too. Times are so hard and I wish they would get better. I really enjoy reading your blog so I've added you to my blog list. Hope you don't mind. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:20 PM

    I haven't noticed a whole lot of stores closing here-but I'm sure that if I went back home I'd notice a lot of closed stores.

    www.silverneurotic.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.