Friday, August 29, 2008

Where's the logic?

John McCain insists that Barack Obama is not ready to be President, and he backs this up by choosing Governor Sarah Palin to be his Vice President. I'm sorry, but I don't get it.

Governor Palin assumed her current office less than two years ago. Before that, she was the mayor of a town with a population of less than 10,000.

John McCain is 72, and today he presented her as qualified to be Commander in Chief if something happens to him during his term. What about her qualifies her to be a heartbeat away from the Presidency during a time of war? Dan Quayle had more experience in public office.

Governor Palin was very gracious today in acknowledging Geraldine Ferraro and Hillary Rodham Clinton. I just hope voters who supported HRC don't just assume Governor Palin and the NY Senator have much in common in terms of domestic policy. They don't.

1 comment:

  1. *sigh* I hope the conservatives aren't bamboozled that she's female.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.