Friday, August 29, 2008

DAY 29 -- 08 August Happiness Challenge

My best friend. He now lives in the Boulder area, and his daughters (esp. the 6th grader) were soooo excited about having the DNC right nearby. He wanted to encourage their interest but naively thought it would be easy to just drive up to the Pepsi Center or Invesco/Mile High. As a campaign veteran, I wasn't surprised that he was shut out. But I also knew how to find celebratory events his family could enjoy without credentials. Last night he took advantage of one -- taking his family to the MSNBC viewing stand outside the Pepsi Center. I was so happy to get the download on their impressions of the historic night that Barack Obama became the Democratic nominee for President. He gave them a memory they will carry throughout their lives … and I helped.

1 comment:

  1. I'm reading you. I went to orientation at college this morning, had a meeting for the parish council and went to the ER and was dx'd with a major sinusitis. Got antibiotics and Nasonex. I felt terrible for a few days but hanged in there thinking it would go away. Bad idea, I was close to wanting to die. (if that makes sense)

    I need to update my blog but I'm feeling too weak, i'll do it this weekend but I wanted you to know I'm reading you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.