Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Tuesday Tunes #9

We haven't done a word association in awhile: Remember tell us the first band/artist/song/album that comes to mind when you see these 10 words:

Ending: "Get Back," the last cut on the last Beatles album. (Yes, I know Abbey Road was recorded last, but Let It Be was released last, and that's what I'm going with.)

Long: "The Long Run" by the Eagles

School: "School's Out" by Alice Cooper

Teen: "Smells Like Teen Spirit" by Nirvana

Crazy: "Crazy" by Patsy Cline

Search: "Kentucky Rain," by Elvis ("Up ahead's another town I'll go walking through, with the rain in my shoes, searching for you …")

Baby: "Since You've Been Gone," by Aretha (You know, "Baby, baby, sweet baby, I just been so blue ...")

Shoes: "Blue Suede Shoes," by Elvis

Mellow: "Mellow Yellow," by Donovan

Window: "She Came in Through the Bathroom Window" by the Beatles

For more about Tuesday Tunes, or to see responses from bloggers who, unlike me, aren't trapped in the oldies, click here.

6 comments:

  1. Great Eagles song and I enjoy listening to Patsy Cline.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great choices! I've played along too!
    thanks for introducing me to this site.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, oh, I love "Kentucky Rain" so much! I had no idea it was an Eddie Rabbitt song until recently! Elvis melted me with that one!

    Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. With words like "ending" and "long", I think most of us had at least one Beatle song/album come to our minds (I had two). I see that we matched on "mellow" and partially matched on "shoes" (I went with the Carl Perkins original). :-)

    Back to the Beatles, I wish that Paul and Ringo would approve the release of "Let It Be" on DVD. According to Wikipedia, Paul and Ringo feel that it wouldn't be a good thing for the public to see the dark side of the Beatles. Since mostly everyone who cares knows that things ended badly, I don't see why they are so concerned nearly 40 years after the fact.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, we have four matches out of ten. Great minds think alike, I guess. Great list!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.