Tuesday, August 19, 2008

DAY 19 -- August 08 Happiness Challenge

An hour with my shrink. That nice lady who comes in once a month and straightens out my brain. She gives me new ways of looking at my problems and I leave her office feeling more peaceful, and more in control of my life. For example, tonight we discussed the decision I made NOT to confront a friend about hurting my feelings. I don't believe my friend could handle the criticism nor the stress of such a conversation now, and I am confident I made the right call. Letting it pass is the right thing to do. So why am I still so angry with my friend? How can I put it all in perspective … and put it all in the past? The doc and I talked it through tonight, and I'm grateful for her help and wisdom.

1 comment:

  1. That's great. I need to find a new therapist. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.