Monday, August 04, 2008

Manic Monday #17

Using no more than 10 nouns, and ONLY nouns, describe yourself. Daughter, sister, aunt, friend, writer, loner, activist, partisan, dreamer, "hormone hostage."

If you owned your own store, what would you sell? Predominantly books, with a stack or two of greeting and notecards.

If you were to name the most comforting thing for you to hold in your hands, what would it be? My ginormous gray and white tomcat, Joey. Only technically speaking, he doesn't like to be held if that involves lifting him up. He does adore being petted and hugged, and it's incredibly comforting when he just comes over to be near me. He presses his warm old furry bod against me and purrs. In those moments, we are both the picture of "contentment."

To play along yourself, or to see how others answered, click here.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:14 PM

    That's a great idea, to have note cards and greeting cards in the bookstore. Oh, and maybe journals would be good too!

    I have a cat, Tippy, that sounds like your Joey. She loves attention, but hates being held. Maybe because of the restriction?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joey is a cute name ( my sons name too! haha)
    A book store would be fun to own, especially by a hormone hostage! haha
    ( I SO know where you're coming from!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great nouns. Adjectives are much easier, I think. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's nothing so comforting as a sweet pet, is there?

    Thanks for playing MM and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:16 PM

    I think I would like cats more if they were all like that.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.