Sunday, August 10, 2008

DAY 9 -- 08 August Happiness Challenge

It's no secret to anyone who even knows me slightly that I love the Beatles passionately, Paul most particularly. This weekend my oldest friend and I went to The Fest for Beatle Fans and Saturday I was thrilled to go carrying a wish list from my niece. She recently discovered the Lads herself and requested that I buy her entire birthday (November) and Christmas gifts there. She has all the CDs, but she wants Beatle books, Beatle clothes, Beatle DVDs, Beatle "accessories." Her Lad of Choice happens to be George.

I had so much fun picking out a tshirt, a pin, a necklace and the DVD Concert for George especially for her. It makes me happy for us because it gives us something else to talk about. And it makes me happy for everyone that the Beatles and their music and their message are still popular with high school students, decades after the first Beatlemaniacs screamed over them in 1964.

3 comments:

  1. I wish I had an aunt like you. I might have turned out a tad less neurotic, paranoid and insecure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was such a nice thing to say. I get as much out of my relationship with my niece as (I hope) she gets from me, so even though at times I want to throttle my sister, I'm grateful for the access she gives me to her kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:30 PM

    I wish I had a cool aunt to buy all my beatles stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.