Friday, August 22, 2008

DAY 21 -- August 08 Happiness Challenge

Yes, it's Friday, and I should have done this Thursday. But yesterday wasn't a good day, and I needed a little distance and perspective to pinpoint the good things about it.

Productivity. I did a lot of work yesterday, and much of it took me out of my comfort zone because I was pinch hitting for my boss. I am proud of what I accomplished, and confident that, for all my faults, I am good at my job.

This blog. It's a good chronicle of my depression. Since it's what my doctors (2 of 'em) call "physical" (meaning caused by hormones, serotonin, etc.) and not "situational" (as best described by Judy Garland when she sang, "Ever since this world began there ain't nothing sadder than a one-man woman looking for the man that got away"), I know it will pass. For evidence, all I have to do is scroll back and see how it came and went before. That's an enormous comfort. It reinforces that I am not a wimp, I am not losing my mind, and it won't always feel like it did last night. Also, it's so very good to have blogosphere buddies like JennyMcB and NoNonsense Girl offer support. (See how sweet they were to me in response to my previous post.) Thank you, thank you.

1 comment:

  1. Good to see you back from the hormonal, depressive abyss.
    The dinner went well and I kept the lights low...lol. Very nice family, we enjoyed the evening.

    So who do you think will be the VP candidate? Biden?

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.