Monday, July 07, 2008

Manic Monday #15

Who would you like to see on a new banknote (dollar bill, etc.)? Eisenhower. No special historical reason. It's just last time I was in DC I noticed he's really not on anything. No museum, no memorial. There's a little bust of him in the Kennedy Center, but that's all I saw. So I say, "Let's give Ike his due!" After all, he has a very kind face and would be a worthy addition to any wallet or billfold.

If you were reincarnated as some other plant or animal, what would it be? A cat who lives like my cats. I wouldn't want to be a stray, trying to stay warm and dry and fed on the streets, dodging cars and predators. I'd want to be a cat like my Joey, who was laying in the middle of the living room, sound asleep, looking downright beatific, when I had to leave for work.

If you owned your own restaurant, what would you call it? The Gal's Greasy Spoon Grub. I believe in truth in advertising.

To play along yourself, or to check other bloggers' answers, click here.

3 comments:

  1. Eisenhower's administration seems relatively stable compared to those since. You're right. He should be honored rather than overlooked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love greasy spoons. Ha!

    I played too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh... I like Ike, too!

    I would completely eat at your greasy spoon. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.