Monday, July 07, 2008

Time for a beauty break

My order from Sephora.com just arrived and I confess -- I'M IN LOVE! Behold my new philosophy® Supernatural Retractable Blush Brush. A natural hair* brush that folds down to a little over 4" long and fits beautifully in my makeup bag.

Earlier this year, when I was on my fantabulous spa vacation, I got not so much a makeover as a makeup refresher. The way I had been doing my face was a bit dated, and esthetician Lauryn laid down the law: no more mascara on my lower lashes and blush is mandatory. I've been trying to follow her edicts, but the brushes that come with powder blushes are so uniformly crappy that I haven't been able to touch it up during the day.

No more. From here on out, this ol' Gal will be as pink-cheeked as she was in her long-ago, dewy youth.

* I can't help but notice they don't specify what kind of "natural hair." I'm trying not to dwell on this.

2 comments:

  1. Bet you could slap a fly with that brush, ah but neigh that you should...

    Now I'm going to be thinking about my brush. But I love the mineral stuff powder, so much nicer than liquid foundation. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. natural boar bristles are usually soft so I'm betting that great soft brush is Boar hair.
    I love having fun with new makeup too. enjoy it! :))

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.