Sunday, June 22, 2008

Sunday Randomness

This week's questions are book related....

1. Who are your favorite authors? Non-fiction: Doris Kearns Goodwin; Fiction: Marian Keyes; Mystery: Sue Grafton or Robert Parker

2. What are your favorite books? JFK: Restless Youth, Gone with the Wind

3. What kind of books do you tend to read? Sci-fi, Romance, Mystery...etc...? Biography, chick-lit, mystery

4. Do you prefer to borrow books from the library or buy them? Buy them

5. Do you prefer hardcover or paperback? Hardcover

6. What was the last book you read? What are you reading now? Last book: Shopaholic and Baby. Currently: Abigail Adams. (They're both on my Shelfari shelf at right)

7. Do you read everyday? Yes. I read on the train, at the health club or over meals.

8. On average how many books do you read per year? From June 07 to June 08, I've read 21 books.

9. Do you belong to any book clubs? Nope.

10. Recommend a good book. Saving Graces: Finding Solace and Strength from Friends and Strangers by Elizabeth Edwards. This book had a tremendous impact on me. Elizabeth Edwards faces grief, mourning and recovery head on. She spares nothing. Her unflinching honesty taught me many things, not the least of which is to graciously accept help from others when I need it.

To play along, or to check out other answers, click here.

4 comments:

  1. hi, great answers. I hadnt heard of Elizabeth Edwards before, I'll have to check that out.
    enjoy your week :)
    http://randomeme4u.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. GWTW rocks! I will have to look up the Elizabeth Edwards book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great answers! I love Sue Grafton's books.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.