Sunday, June 01, 2008

I am happy

On this bright, but not too hot Sunday, I am taking a moment to acknowledge all I am grateful for at this very moment:

1) The Cubs. I love them. I have always loved them. I always will love them. (Kerry Wood is pitching as I begin this post. I love him particularly if not exclusively.) They bring me joy and break my heart and give me a sense of continuity and community. I feel sorry for people who don't have a similar passion that can lift them from their day-to-day lives.

2) My independence. After watching what my friend Kathy has been struggling with, and the toll it's taking on her, I am pleased and proud and grateful that I can make my bills each month and have a reserve.

3) My health. Oh, time is taking its toll on this ol' Gal. I do not deny that. Scratches and bruises don't heal as quickly as they used to. Pounds don't come off as easily they used to. Let's not forget the high cholesterol and allergies. But after hearing the hospital tales of my mom and my former boss, I realize I'm lucky to have such run-of-the-mill maladies.

4) My cats. Healthy, happy and as individual as snowflakes, they are so cool and I love them so.

5) My friends. A diverse crew, for sure. But mine own. And I realize I'm stronger for knowing them. Especially during the difficult month of May.

Laundry. No, I'm not happy to have loads of wash ahead of me. I'm just psyching myself up for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.