Sunday, February 10, 2008

I Miss Him

Yesterday I watched the primary results and the Jefferson-Jackson Day speeches. Obama did well, Hillary kept pace and their speeches were fine. My candidate(s) took aim against McCain and it was spirited.

But I miss Blue Eyes. Not just because of the aforementioned eyes and the famous hair. Or the smooth accent. Or that he looks equally great in jeans or a suit. Not that those aren't reasons to miss him. Sigh …

But even more, I miss his sense of the good fight. The pugnacity. Not toward his Democratic teammates, nor toward the other party, but toward a system gone very wrong.

Caroline Kennedy famously said that in Barack Obama, she's finally found a candidate who inspires her the way her father inspired previous generations. Similarly, I miss hearing a righteously indignant voice, dreaming about things that never were and asking, "why not?" We need impractical voices like John Edwards' and Bobby Kennedy's in our politcal discourse.

2 comments:

  1. I like him too...I'd love to see him as a vice president...that may still happen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do realize when you hear some of there speeches, something is missing. If Obama is not in full inspire mode, you do miss the railing against the insanity of it all

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.