Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Heads & Tails #16

Today's theme is the Letter P. And so I'm going to write about something very top of mind right now --

PATIENCE.

I was awakened this morning at about 5:00 AM by a migraine. A throbbing, nauseating headache. I got up, took my migraine pill, and tried unsuccessfully to find a position to hold my head that didn't hurt. I got up every now and again to vomit or to get something to drink. Sounds delightful, doesn't it?

My cat, Reynaldo, decided that we HAD to interact. For nearly 7 straight hours he tormented me. He sang to me, he jumped on me, he knocked things over, he spilled whatever I tried to drink. Sure, I could have locked him in the other bedroom, but then he would have cried and thrown his body against the door.

I know he just wanted to play, but I couldn't. COULD. NOT. Movement made me physically ill.

Now, as the meds have finally kicked in, he is exhausted. After about 7 hours of tormenting me, he collapsed. He is curled up in the sun like an angelic little furshrimp … and it's everything in me not to sneak up on him and scream in his face.

I know, I know. I am the human. I am more highly evolved and so more is expected of me. Plus I realize that God placed this wiry, beige bundle of energy in my life to teach me PATIENCE. And lastly, because I know that there's every possibility that he'd enjoy me yelling in his face.

For more information, or to play Heads or Tails yourself, visit Meme Mistress Skittles.

7 comments:

  1. Oh man - I suffer from migraines, so I can totally relate to what you were going through - I don't wish that on anyone! So glad to hear you are feeling better now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luckily I've never had one of those but I know people who do and I know how AWFUL they are.

    I can picture your kitty doing that.. and I know you were sick.. but he's funny. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our cats are twins separated at birth, right down to the body slams if I cut off access to the pet me units. The worse I feel, the more TBCotU wants me to pay attention to him. I think it's his way of trying to distract me from whatever is making me feel yucky. Reynaldo was doing his kitty best to distract you.

    I'm sorry you were feeling so awful. Hmmm, patience? Yeah, I can see that. Honestly, I think it's a case of total love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just posted news of a contest I'm having for Heads Or Tails players. Check it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:29 PM

    I know exactly how you feel. I have a ferret, who's normally pretty quiet...but the very moment I just need to have "quiet" in order to sleep, or heal he will immediately start up a racket. I have learned to have my iPod close by to drown out his noise with music.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry you suffer like that! When I try to lock cats out, I have same problem: yowls, scratched doors, carpet ripped up (yeah!), bodies slamming on doors. They make quite the effort. My HoT is here, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice post - sorry about the migraine but it made good reading! Sorry!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.