Sunday, February 03, 2008

And the Oscar goes to …

For those of you who participate in the office Oscar pool, I know which movie will win the nude gold dude: No Country for Old Men. How do I know this? Because it's the one of the 5 nominated flicks I won't have seen by Oscar night.

This weekend I saw There Will Be Blood. It's impressive … long and sweeping and gorgeous to look at. The performances draw you in, too. But I'm not sure what the point was. Not that money corrupts -- for I believe Plainview was a monster even when he was poor. Perhaps it's that power corrupts. Or maybe it's the single-mindedness required to acquire money and power is what corrupts us. Or … Thinking about the ending leaves me vaguely annoyed, so I'll stop.

At any rate, I appreciated this movie, but I didn't like it. Of the four I've seen, I liked Michael Clayton best. I also hope it wins a lot of Oscars because that will mean more shots of George Clooney in a tux. Yum!

3 comments:

  1. Well so far I've only seen Juno...so you are well ahead of the game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way I can sit thru a 2 hour and 40 minute movie, you are stronger then me. Next weekend we may hit Juno, how was it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love George. In or out of a tux.

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.