Monday, December 10, 2007

Manic Monday #5

For the holidays, are you a last-minute shopper or do you shop well ahead of time? Both. I had most of my shopping done well in advance, except for my mom. I still need to pick up one last thing for her. A nice thick moisturizer for her elbows? Or that Richard Avedon coffee table book on the Kennedys? I can't decide.

If you had to pick a new first name for yourself, what name would you choose? Elizabeth, because my name could change with my mood. I could be Liz or Lizzie or Bette or Betty or Lacey or …

What's worse, having expectations that are too high, or having no expectations at all? I don't know how to have no expectations at all, so I can't even imagine what that would feel like.

This is the authentic Manic Monday. Accept no substitutes! For more information or to play along yourself, click here.

4 comments:

  1. Great answers - I always seem to leave my mum's Christmas gift to last as well - not sure why. Have a lovely week!

    My answers can be seen at Siani's Pot-Pourri.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:09 PM

    Hi,

    I like your response to the new name question. I never thought of how versatile Elizabeth could be. It is so true, how can you not have any expectations? I can't imagine what that would feel like either. Have a really wonderful week.

    Visit W3Schools!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:11 PM

    Sorry, I meant to put my blog link, to my manic monday meme up instead of the WSSchools. Sorry!!

    Lori's Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:28 AM

    Had to smile when I read your "new name" choice. My sister's name is Elizabeth, and our madien name is Lacy. The nickname she got? Betsy. I can't remember a time when she was ever called anything else. Well, sometimes I suspect that I called her "Betsy Wetsy"!! We have a daughter Elizabeth, and she, too, is Betsy. (Snowbird)

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.