Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Nobody, no nobody is gonna rain on my parade!

I mean it, people! Like my idol Babs, I insist that life's candy and the sun's a ball of butter! The Cubs enter the post-season fray tonight and I am going to enjoy it, no matter how many Dark Forces conspire to ruin it for me.

Before the game begins (9:00 CST), I must attend a condo association meeting. I know what this means -- a special assessment which will separate me from my money. Fine. Whatever. I will not allow the association board to bring around a cloud to rain on my parade.

I'm growing my hair out and it's a mess. I went to the health club for the first time since introducing this new style, and the humidity in the shower area has caused Dennis the Menace cowlicks to spring up anywhere they damn well please. Fine. Whatever. I will not let these stubborn locks bring around a cloud to rain on my parade.

My best friend has been decidedly pissy about this round. He just moved to Boulder last year and has never been much of an MLB fan. Yet when the Rockies bandwagon slowed down, he climbed aboard. He seems to feel this makes us equals when it comes to the personal investment we have in these playoffs. Never mind that I think I've watched more Rockies games this year than he has. Never mind that I'm a third generation Cub fan. Never mind that I want this more than I want my next breath. Fine. Whatever. I am not getting drawn into stupid conversations about this. I will not let Eeyore bring around a cloud to rain on my parade.

Go, Cubs, Go.

1 comment:

  1. Tagging you for a meme, when you can pull yourself away from baseball.

    :-)

    what if this is as good as it gets?: 5 "me" meme

    ~Allison

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.