Tuesday, October 02, 2007

My 2¢ worth re: Britney

I'm not a mother. I've never been a mother. So I can't say with complete conviction that losing physical custody of her two kids is the most wrenching thing that could possibly happen to Britney Spears.

In fact, I believe it's possible that she's relieved that she no longer has physical custody of those boys. After all, she wasn't legally required to give them up until tomorrow, and since I've seen photos of them near K-Fed's house already, I guess she handed them over yesterday. That doesn't sound like a woman who is agonizing about missing quality time with her boys.

Maybe Britney Spears realizes that she's a mess … knows that she is overwhelmed by demons … senses that her sons would do better with their less famous, less scrutinized, less complicated dad. It could be that handing them over to their father (that's their father, not some bureaucratic foster care system!) is the most loving thing she could do for those kids right now.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I think you are giving Britney WAY too much credit for introspection and self-examination.

    I think she's feeling free as a bird, other than the whole child support payment thing. But now she can go get drunk, eat Cheetohs and smoke to her heart's content without worrying about her parenting skills being questioned.

    She lost those kids because she couldn't be bothered to renew her driver's license or show up to pee in a cup. I think that says all that needs to be said about her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:32 PM

    I do feel sorry for her to some degree, but I don't think that turning the boys over early was done for their benefit - I think she was happy to be free two days early.

    As a certified child passenger safety technician, I will also point out that in all the pictures I've seen of her kids in cars (and I see most of them thanks to the car seat sites I frequent), I have NEVER seen her children properly restrained in their car seats. NEVER. In fact, in the pictures from this past weekend, she hadn't even bothered to BUCKLE the car seats.

    Now, I admit that car seats can be confusing, but in less than 10 minutes I can teach ANYONE how to properly buckle their children into the car. (Give me another 30 and they'll know how to install the seat in their sleep.) And I know that she - or her "people" - have the info, because every time a picture of her kids not buckled in circulates on the internet, concerned people like me (though not including me) send her information and implore her to protect her children in the car.

    OK, can you tell that this is my MAJOR hot-button issue with her? Proper car seat use is NOT DIFFICULT. (And she barely even makes an attempt.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shes lazy?
    well she is certainly not as hot as she used to be

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.