Friday, August 03, 2007

Friday's Feast #9


Appetizer.
On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being highest, how polite are you? 7. I mean to be a 10, but I can get lost in thought and be forgetful of others at time (like on the train).

Soup
What was the last thing that made you laugh out loud? This morning, my coworker did an imitation of his dog following him through tall grass. It was unexpectedly funny and sweet.

Salad
Who is your favorite cartoon character? Bug Bunny, ever the anarchist.

Main Course
Tell about the funniest teacher you ever had. Francis Dombrowski. He taught high school social studies. Imagine an even more wired Tony Randall. If he felt a kid was drifting away, he put his face very close to the student's and said oh-so-quickly, "Do you see? Do you know? Do you understand? Tell me if you understand!" You did not doze in "Father Francis'" class!

Dessert
Complete this sentence: I strongly believe that ______________________. Anne Frank was right, and people are really good at heart. It's just so hard to trust and be vulnerable sometimes.

For more information, or to play yourself, visit The Friday Feast.


7 comments:

  1. Your soup is sweet! And your dessert is very, very true.
    Happy weekend!
    ~Allison

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, I'm torn about your dessert. I would love to think Anne was right, but unfortunately, by our very nature we are sinnful. Not necessarily evil like you'd think of Satan exactly, but we are unrighteous in our original state. The rest of your feast was great, I enjoyed your story about Father Francis, I don't think I would have been dozing off either then! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Becca! There's a difference between "good" and "perfect." And if Anne Frank could believe that, living under those conditions, we can try. Seeing the best in others, giving them the benefit of the doubt, is a very Christian thing to do. And I really do try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How great to see Anne Frank pop-up here.

    She's right.
    I don't think we are born with bad tendencies.
    The joy little babies bring outweights the worries.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am trying to picture someone imitating a dog in tall grass.... i can see potential for humor there.

    Kim @ TheBitterBall

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great feast! I agree with your desert. Thanks for stopping by my blog and your kinds words. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your feast, as usual! I especially like your dessert - it was another reminder for me to be more trusting of others! I'm off to see what I've been tagged for! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.