Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Can't think of anything bad enough to say about Michael Vick

"Burn in hell!" just seems so inadequate.

Behold QB Michael Vick, who has run afoul from the law because of dog fighting. DOG FIGHTING! Training/torturing innocent creatures until they either become killers or are killed. For fun and profit. What a cruel asshole/waste of space millionaire Michael Vick is.

Yeah, yeah, I know. He's been indicted but not convicted. "Innocent until proven guilty." Normally I fight for that fundamental American right, but I lose my better judgment where kids and critters are concerned. There is nothing uglier than exploiting and injuring those who are smaller, less powerful and more innocent than ourselves.

It also makes me sad about the state of the professional football. Yeah, yeah, I know. I now sound like every middle-aged couch potato who ever lived. But I remember back to my girlhood, when Joe Namath got into trouble with the commissioner of football for owning a bar. From OJ Simpson to Rae Carruth to Tank Johnson to this piece of flotsam … what a long, strange and ugly trip it's been for the NFL.

5 comments:

  1. Add in most of the Cincinnati Bengals as well. But, we do have to do the whole innocent until proven guilty thing because you never know what the real facts are until they are put into court and you don't want to be in Vick's shoes if you were innocent beyond buying a house for you idiot cousin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sooo with you on the whole 'criminal' decline (both literal and figurative)of the NFL..and, dog-fighting?! Urgh!!

    "There is nothing uglier than exploiting and injuring those who are smaller, less powerful and more innocent than ourselves"

    Hear! Hear!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Sparky, I know you're right. But this shit just makes me so mad I lose all sense of proportion and reason. Is it safe to say, though, that any man who must resort to dog fighting to feel powerful must have an embarrassingly tiny penis?

    And, Ms. Mo, I know how old this sounds, but don't the NFL players ever think about the fans? What kid wants to hang a poster of a dog abuser on his bedroom door?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:56 PM

    You know, of course, that this makes me utterly crazy. Wasn't it Gandhi who said "the quality of a society is demonstrated by how they treat their children and animals"?

    Now I love football. And I grew up with Broadway Joe, who also caused a stir posing in those pantyhose (sigh) and writing a book entitled "I Can't Wait Until Tomorrow Because I Get Better Looking Everyday, but I doubt Broadway Joe ever hurt an animal in his life. Mr. Vick, while innocent until proven guilty, should be kicked the hell out of football AND humanity.

    Was that stong enuf?
    Your old pal

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous said: Mr. Vick, while innocent until proven guilty, should be kicked the hell out of football AND humanity.

    Although it's not looking good for Michael Vick, shouldn't we wait until all the facts are in before we start talking about meting out justice?

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.