Wednesday, March 07, 2007

I'm still against the death penalty. Even now.


That convicted sex offender has been found guilty in the murder of Jessica Lunsford. I use her name and her photo here, because she is the one this should be about. He doesn't deserve a name.

I would call him an animal, except that wouldn't be fair to animals because they do not kill with the depravity that he did.

He kidnapped 9 year old Jessica from her room, raped her, and buried her alive to cover his crime. She asked if she could bring her stuffed dolphin (a gift from her daddy) with her to her death. Look at that face. She experienced terror and suffering for no better reason than that this man doesn't respect life. I hate him.

Because the crime took place in Florida, it's possible and even likely he will get the death penalty. As a citizen and as a Christian, I believe that's wrong.

Still.

But at times like this, it would be very easy to forget my responsibilities as a citizen and a Christian and give into the temptation to demand Jessica's killer be destroyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.