Tuesday, April 02, 2024

Fields of Europe®

That's what 1800Flowers calls this bouquet. Did you know that fiber ribbon is called "raffia?" I didn't, but I do now. Anyway, this glass vase of flowers is on its way to my friend John's hospital room.

He's now "stable and improving." So much so that he's been moved from the ICU and into his own room. He has multiple health issues -- I know about congestive heart failure and diabetes, and I suspect clinical depression -- and they are going to run more tests to prioritize them and develop a treatment plan.

I heard all of these from Gregory ... who heard it from Jerry, John's brother. Jerry lives in Boston, but he's an RN so he understands better than us what he's hearing and what follow up questions to ask. 

We have been asked not to call the hospital ourselves so the nurses can concentrate on patient care. John also requested "no visitors." This amused me. Like I would go downtown to visit your grumpy old ass? (I almost wrote that on the card.)

But clearly he's going to recover from this. That is my takeaway. That is everything.


 

2 comments:

  1. Cheery flowers! I love the sentiment you almost wrote in the card--I suspect he'd chuckle, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good news! I think patients do better without visitors. I know when my husband was hurt in 2014, I finally had to ask the nurses to keep his firefighters out of his room so he could rest.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.