Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Three Nice Things about Myself -- Day 19

My blogging buddy, Kwizgiver, wrote a post that really resonated with me. She detailed how self-care helped her helped her prevail during a (ridiculously) tough month. Her tips were very wise and so doable! So she has inspired me to take one and integrate it into my own life.

Since I can be a pretty harsh self-critic, this is the one I chose. I hope I can do this every day during March. By then it should be a habit, right?

Three nice things about myself -- March 19:

1) I said "thank you" again. Two years ago, I had just hired Rita. She was aware that mid-March was my work anniversary and sent me a fruit-and-chocolate bouquet, saying she was "forever grateful" that I took her under my wing. The photo of her gift showed up today on my Facebook memories. I took a moment to shoot her an email and let her know again how much her kind gesture had meant to me. There's a lot of bitching about Facebook out there, but if it wasn't for the platform, I wouldn't have remembered exactly when this happened and I wouldn't have been spurred to act. I'm glad I did.

2) I was the hub. Tomorrow I'm having lunch downtown with Elaine. I invited Will, the man who brought us together with movie group, to join us. I'm usually pretty passive about social gatherings, so I like myself for taking the initiative.

3) My wallet stayed in my purse. Today's lunch was leftover pizza and dinner was the chicken I had defrosting. I like that I'm being more thoughtful about my spending.

 

1 comment:

  1. I went back and read your week's 3 things - good job! I hope this exercise has been helpful. I certainly have enjoyed reading it.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.