Thursday, March 07, 2024

Good news all around

Photo by CDC on Unsplash

1) That's a wrap. I went to the ophthalmologist again for a follow up exam. After conducting three different tests, he concluded that virtually nothing has changed since last September. While he can't absolutely, positively 100% rule out glaucoma, there's no compelling evidence of it, either. Instead of seeing me every six months, he has scheduled me for annual re-testing. I like this. We're not ignoring it, we're following up. But he's also confident that I'm fine.         

2) We're one of 5. As I mentioned back on March 5, an inspector came through and left with two (2!) pages of violations need to be addressed right away. Some are small, like graffiti near the utility room. Some are structural and likely very expensive. The time frame was ambitious to the point that we're already late. 

We met with our management company, who put it on a very human level for us. The inspector is new, filling in for his boss, who is on maternity leave. We are one of 5 buildings who were found to have violations on the same week, and ours isn't even the worst.

The next step is not to start work.  It's to hire a structural engineer, who will see if the inspector's assessments are correct. If they aren't, we will present our case to the inspector. If they are, we will present our plan/priorities for making repairs. 

In short, no one is going to expect any of us condo unit owners to fork over a big bag of cash all at once, and maybe not at all.

I'm going to sleep tonight feeling better about everything, and for that I'm grateful.



2 comments:

  1. This is good news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you have had a week of good news! It's always good to look at the positive and be grateful. Thanks for mentioning your eye exam. I keep forgetting to make my eye exam appointment and I am over due! Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.