Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Thursday Thirteen #331

13 most popular school mascots. Yes, there's a database that tracks this. I look these things up so you don't have to.

1. Eagles

2. Tigers

3. Panthers

4. Bulldogs

5. Warriors

6. Wildcats

7. Lions

8. Cougars
 
9. Knights
 
10. Mustangs
 
11. Falcons
 
12. Trojans
 
13. Vikings
 
In grade school we were the Panthers. In high school we were the Bulldogs. I dropped out of community college before I could cheer on the Trojans.

Please join us for THURSDAY THIRTEEN. Click here to play along, and to see other interesting compilations of 13 things.

 

5 comments:

  1. My high school was #6, and I posted a photo taken at open house of me with #13 the current mascot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea what the mascot was when I was in grade school; I'm not sure there was one. In middle school, we were the Patriots and in high school we were the Cavaliers. I see that neither made your list. And I went to an all-women's college, and we had no mascot and still don't. Undefeated in football since 1842.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My high school mascot was The Pirate! I lived on a peninsula.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the mascot list. My freshman year, I went to a HS with a Sandstoner, a little dude with a pickax, as a mascot, nicknamed Stoner. It was less a weed reference, though, but a reference to the sandstone for which my hometown is famous. The rest of HS I went to a neighboring district where the mascot was not animate. We were the Flying Ns. Norwood-Norfolk. Yeah, not very creative! My college didn't have a mascot when I attended, but now it's a goofy-looking bluebird.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The school where I teach is the Taylorville Warriors. The high school I graduated from was the Braves. Now, I understand that has been changed and they are the Redhawks or something like that. Interesting post.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.