Tuesday, August 15, 2023

August Happiness Challenge -- Day 15

My 2023 Happiness Icon

Today's Happiness: Rachel.

She's my yoga instructor and she's wonderful. While I'm not the best judge of these things, I suspect I'm consistently the worst in the class. But today I had an "off" morning, even by my low standards.

After class she cornered me as I was putting my bricks and bolster away. She asked me if I was OK, and I told her, frankly, no. Early in the class, during one of the poses, I saw my left arm and leg shaking. I saw them shaking, but didn't feel it. I was completely creeped out by this.

Rachel reassured me it was nothing to worry about, just my muscles reacting to being used in a different way. Drink plenty of water the rest of the day, she advised. 

"And next week I'll just push through, right?"

"You don't have to," she said, reminding me that yoga is "a feeling practice, not a thinking practice." If something doesn't feel right or comfortable, there's no reason for me to do it. This class is about enhancing my flexibility and feeling good in my own body. Period.

Also, she told me I don't look anywhere near my age.

Is it any wonder that I adore Rachel?

2 comments:

  1. I think it's great that you're doing yoga. I can see why a tremor would freak you out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A tremor would freak me out! Glad you got a clear explanation.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.