Tuesday, August 15, 2023

August Happiness Challenge -- Day 14

My 2023 Happiness Icon

Today's Happiness: The cutest lobster.

I got a thank you note today from my friend's son. He became a dad around Christmastime and I sent a couple of gifts. I forgot about them, actually, but he was specific in his note. I sent a Chicago Cubs bib and a hooded lobster bath towel.  Since they live in New York, they can't be sure that their baby boy will be a Cubs fan, but I'm told after his bath he's "the cutest lobster."

I don't know what the new baby gift thank you etiquette is. I don't care. Getting the note today out of the blue made me happy.

3 comments:

  1. Very nice. I wish we could go back to a day when more people wrote thank you notes. My mom always made me write thank you notes when I was younger, so I got into the habit. I did the same with my kids, but few people write thank you notes any more. I love this happiness challenge. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think sending thank you notes and letters needs to make a comeback. Actually good manners needs to make a comeback, but that's an entire post.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.