Sunday, January 16, 2022

Sunday Stealing

 From the League of Extraordinary Penpals

1. Do you buy things when you want them or wait for sales? I'm an impulse shopper. While I can be remarkably cheap about some things (I use a tube squeezer key to get every last bit of toothpaste), I have also been known to buy stuff I don't need just because it's on sale.

2. Do you think time moves slowly or quickly? It depends. During a late afternoon meeting, time crawls. While watching a movie I adore, the moments seem to race by.

3. How often do you spend time alone? All day every day. Unless Zoom calls and phone calls count.

 4. What’s something that has changed in the last month? My front door. One month ago today I had a wreath on one side and Christmas cards taped to the other.

5. What’s the best part of your job, profession? Seeing the results. Did my words encourage a consumer to pick up the phone or click "Learn more?" I like knowing my efforts have helped my client's bottom line.

6. How many pens do you have? I have no idea.

7. What is your healthiest habit? Probiotics! My gut is so much more efficient now that I take one every morning and eat Chobani yogurt a couple times/week. 

8. Do you have a favorite postage stamp?

9. Who did you talk to the most this week? Last week, I suppose it was my art director. Or maybe it was Elaine from movie group.

10. What’s on your bedside table? Two alarm clocks and a tissue box.

11. How often do you try something new? It depends on what we're talking about.

12. What are some of your grocery list staples? Coke and 2% milk.

13. Do you have a favorite poet? Nope.

14. What interesting fact do you know? President Kennedy's favorite carol was "What Child Is This?" 30 years after his death, Jacqueline Onassis told a friend that during the holidays, when she'd unexpectedly hear it in a store or restaurant, it touched her heart. She was used to seeing her late husband's name on roads and schools. She had learned to handle coming upon his image in magazines or on TV. It was "What Child Is This?" or "Greensleeves" that never stopped hurting. I wonder if that says more about the power of music or the nature of grief.

15. Do you fold laundry right away or do it later? Right away.



4 comments:

  1. I think unexpected things upset me the most about missing my dad, or Grandparents or Mandy. I do expect some things so I am anticipating them, but sometimes people will talk about my dad to me and tell me what a influence he had on their life (teacher/coach). I am always so happy to hear those stories, but sometimes it gets to me and makes me really miss him even more. I do think music is powerful though. I can hear a song and it take me right back to high school or college. I love that about music. Loved your answers! Have a great day! ♥

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy spending time alone. Sure, I get lonely sometimes, but I never get bored.

    And #14 is fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's both the power of music and the nature of grief. I've read a lot about music and alzheimers and how music is the last thing that people with dementia seem to forget. can't remember your children, but can sing songs you sang when younger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Beth. Music is powerful; grief is powerful. Put them together and you have overwhelming sometimes. Re: your other posts. I'm concerned for your friend Kathy. I am happy for Reg & Henry. And I'm glad you got out and had fun!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.