Friday, October 15, 2021

Saturday 9

Saturday 9: Livin' La Vida Loca (1999)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) Ricky Martin sings that he and the girl dance in the rain. Do you feel like dancing this morning? Sure. Perhaps not first thing in the morning. I'm a little creeky when my feet first hit the floor. But once I get moving, I could sway to the music.

2) The lyrics tell us the girl prefers champagne. When did you last enjoy a glass of the bubbly? It's been years. Since menopause, even a sip gives me a migraine. Too bad. I miss it.
 
3) When Ricky first heard "Livin' La Vida Loca," he imagined  the subject of the song was a "Bond girl," the glamorous love interest of James Bond in the movies. Since 1962, there have been more than 20 Bond films. Have you seen any/many of them? Do you have a favorite Bond? I've seen several Bond movies. I didn't like Roger Moore. He seemed too old and too silly. I get Sean Connery's appeal, certainly. Daniel Craig is kinda scary, which I think is the point. He's a menacing Bond. But my favorite is Pierce Brosnan because I think he's the most handsome and the most self-aware. Best hair by far. (I also liked him in Remington Steele.)
 
4) Ricky tells interviewers that when he was very young, he'd sing in the family kitchen, pretending a wooden spoon was his microphone. Crazy Sam admits to lip synching into a black Magic Marker. When you gave imaginary concerts, what did you use as a microphone? I stood in front of my bedroom mirror and sang into my hairbrush.

5) Ricky began working at the tender age of 9, performing in commercials. How old were you when you received your first paycheck? 16 or 17. Before that, I babysat and was paid in cash.

6) Ricky does yoga to stay in shape. Have you ever tried yoga? Nope.

7) Ricky is of primarily Spanish descent, with a little French mixed in. When you think of French cuisine, what comes to mind? Quiche.
 
8) Ricky once had his own restaurant, Casa Salsa, in Miami Beach. Have you ever worked in food service? Nope.
 
9) Random question: What is your best quality? I truly do try to be a good person. I often fall short, but not due to lack of effort.
 



10 comments:

  1. I love Pierce Brosnan...that accent slays me...but I didn't like him as Bond. Daniel Craig is my pick. He is believable as both the sophisticated man of the world and as the bad-a## spy. And those blue, blue eyes.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh, Sean. He was my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! Another hairbrush singer!! Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. #7 How could I have forgotten Quiche that I make a couple of times a month and i think that I will make for the company coming up this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also babysat--I tell my students that I started at 75 cents an hour and they are shocked!

    I love a good quiche. So easy to make, I should make one this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do like Pierce. Loved him in Remington Steele.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pierce Brosnan is so handsome. I agree with you there. I just do not like Bond movies. Maybe I should give them another try. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pierce Brosnan was so cute trying to sing in Mama Mia! He can't sing worth a darned. LOL. But he is handsome. And I think you're a very good person.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with you - Pierce Brosnan was James Bond through and through. He was so good looking and was just perfect for that part. We were also great Remington Steele fans back in the day. TV seemed better in the 80s. Sigh. I also babysat for practically nothing (.50 cents an hour - for three little kids). I got my first "real" job after high school setting type at a local "advertiser." I felt like I was big time using all the "journalism skills" I garnered on the staff of my high school newspaper. Hope you are having a good weekend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brosnan does have the best hair.. *swoons*. Sigh...as my aunt used to say, "him pretty.."
    Quiche is lovely a entré. I like mine with asparagus in it.
    My actual first paycheck was as a Library Aide, as a teen.
    Ov Course you are a good person. You try hard to be fair, brave, honest, and kind. That's a very good person.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.