Saturday, September 19, 2020

SUNDAY STEALING

STOLEN FROM ANGIE
 

1. A person I’m glad to have in my life. My shrink. I went back into therapy in February, when I was wrestling with how deeply my friend Henry hurt me. (Henry is recovering from a traumatic brain injury and I know his behavior is going to be erratic. However understanding that intellectually and dealing with emotionally are two different things.) ANYWAY, during this pandemic I've been similarly struggling. I get anxious and I worry that I'm no longer able to keep anything in perspective. She's been a very valuable, objective sounding board for me.

 

2. Something I find comfort in. The crack of the bat. I really love baseball.


3. My favorite part of the morning.
Feeding the cats. Seeing them healthy, happy and content is a good way to start the day.

4. My favorite memory. The final out of the 2016 World Series. CUBS WIN!

5. An accomplishment I’m proud of. I won a Clio. In my industry, it's a big deal.


6. An opportunity I’m grateful for.
Every day is an opportunity I'm grateful for.


7. My favorite song (and why).
This one always lifts my spirit. BTW, Monday is the 21st of September.



8. A future event I’m excited about.
Seeing Joe Biden take the oath of office.


9. My favorite area in my home.
My bathroom. I love soaking in the tub.


10. Something beautiful I saw today.
Blue skies and green lawns.


11. My guilty pleasure.
The most fabulous bad movie EVER. I love every wretched moment.


12. Something I love about a family member. My niece's commitment to her cat, Annabelle. She adopted Annabelle as four years ago. Suddenly the cat has developed some very unsavory behavioral problems. My niece and her fiance have been ferrying this cat to and from the vet for months now and trying everything anyone suggests. The only time she bristles is when it's suggested they just "get rid of Annabelle." The way my niece looks at it, Annabelle is giving her and her future husband a good exercise in how they deal, as a couple, with adversity. I'm very proud of her.


13. A compliment that made me feel good.
Al from my classic movie group thinks every one of my insights is brilliant and repeats them on the group's web page.


14. The item I treasure the most.
There's a ceramic trolley car that belonged to my favorite grandfather. He kept his cufflinks, tie clasps and licorice throat lozenges in there. When I was a little girl, it fascinated me, and he'd take it off his dresser and let me examine it. After my grandparents died, and their house was being prepared for sale, my mom slipped over there and rescued it for me. I love it because of it reminds me of Grandpa, and because my mother so thoughtfully retrieved it for me.


15. My favorite part about nature.
My cats. It's like having a little nature in here with me.


16. A book I loved reading.
These are the two that are currently beside by bed. I don't know why, but as The Trump Show spins faster and further out of control, I find terrific comfort in the pages of big picture books, looking at icons doing beautiful, graceful things.



17. A freedom I’m grateful for. My First Amendment right to dissent.


18. My favorite part of the evening.
Bedtime.


19. One good thing that happened today.
I'm answering this on Saturday, and I had a nice, chatty conversation with my friend Joanna. It was good to reconnect.


20. How I show gratitude for my friends.
I make myself available.


 

 

 

10 comments:

  1. I enjoyed my visit here tonight. I read Valley of the Dolls years ago. It was in my moms's library. I think I saw the movies. I think Patty Duke did a good job.I love Earth Wind and Fire. I remember watching them on Soul Train when I was a teen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the Clio! I hoe the two of us will be able to celebrate the same thing in January!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I truly hope you get to swear in Joe Biden in January. I'm hoping this sensible thing happens - you've been through a lot America.

    ReplyDelete
  4. #8 - definitely. Let's hope the correct result appears in November. I have faith in America to do the right thing.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed all of your answers today.
    Have a great Sunday my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Josh also loves Valley of the Dolls. He read the book then watched the movie. Sometimes he does that the other way around. He will see a movie and then need to read the book too. He did that with Rebecca.
    I find comfort in sports as well. I do not watch much news. It is so negative. I will catch up on it, but I can't just watch it all of the time. It makes me mad.
    I felt the same way with my dog Mandy as your niece does Annabelle. She was like a child to me. There was no way I was going to cut her life short. We did everything we could and we let her go when we absolutely had to. It was very hard. Loved your answers! Have a great day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish my therapist had been a good fit with me. We didn't meet too many times (I can't even remember how many) but she just didn't quite "get" me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A clio is a huge deal. I used to sit and study the awards page when the paper used to have advertisements announcing the clio awards. Very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A Clio is a VERY BIG DEAL! Congratulations, again!
    Your shrink sounds like a very good sister soul.
    Good for you to seek some back up in this brutal and stressful time. Covid is not a good constant little black cloud over all of our lives, either.
    Back when the Cubs won, I thought how over the moon you would be, and rejoiced with you.

    Feeding the cats in the morning. That's lovely.
    Bless your niece. Hope her kitty will be cured soon, of her troubles.
    14 is so beautiful a memory.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on the Clio award. It is a high honor indeed. But I'm not surprised. You are SUCH a good writer.

    I must revisit that movie. I'd forgotten how good it was.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.