Tuesday, September 22, 2020

One less thing to worry about

It's taken him a week to mention it, but my friend John is fine.  Our little drama began last Wednesday, when my friend -- aged 65, with diabetes and heart trouble -- mentioned that he was feeling rundown and "monitoring for symptoms." I texted back that now would be a good time for him to take his "Medicare out of the box and give it a try," though if I know my bud, he still hasn't signed up for. (He has until October 3, and I'll bet you anything he'll wait until October 2.)

We exchanged messages throughout the week like always -- Cubs, mostly, with a rather poignant exchange about RBG -- but I scrupulously avoided nagging him because it does more harm than good. He just shuts down and goes into hiding.

Today he rewarded my patience and restraint with a text letting me know he's "fine." PHEW!

Meanwhile, on the other side of town, my art director found out over the weekend that she was exposed to the virus. She went to look at a condo and the realtor who showed her the place reported that he's tested positive. Today she went and got a walk up test. She'll find out definitively later this week, but the tech who administered the test was upbeat. Since my AD was with the realtor 9 days ago now and has shown no symptoms, odds are very good she's OK.

I'm very glad that, although she and I work together for hours every day, we do it from our respective homes.

And I am so fucking ready for this virus to be over.

1 comment:

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.