Wednesday, August 05, 2020

August Happiness Challenge -- Day 5

Today's happiness -- Afternoon nap. I expected our 11:00 AM client Zoom meeting to be consequential. I was primed and ready to do the work for Tony, a client I really like and especially want to deliver for, but he really isn't ready for us.*

So here I was at 11:30, adrenaline pumping and no Tony project! I made myself a big lunch (steak and mixed vegetables). OK, now it was 12:15. I knew no one would be calling upon me for anything for at least an hour, so I took a nap. It was glorious!

Hurry-up-and-wait happens all the time in advertising. But before work-from-home, I wasn't able to wind down with a refreshing nap.

Each day in August you are to post about something that makes *you* happy. Pretty simple. And, it doesn't even have to be every day if you don't want it to be. It's a great way to remind ourselves that there are positive things going on in our lives, our communities, and the world.

*Shorthand version: Tony wants me to drive customers to download an app that's still in development. Uh oh!

1 comment:

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.