Friday, June 05, 2020

June 5

"Now it's on to Chicago and let's win there." Those were the last words Bobby Kennedy ever said from a podium. June 5, 1968. Minutes later, he was shot.

I've been thinking about Bobby all day. I remember a speech he gave about violence, just two months before he died. Fortunately I was able to find it on YouTube. Unfortunately, every syllable of it is relevant today. Please watch it.



I am so lucky that I grew up on the Kennedys. That they're the ones who shaped my world view. I feel bad for the kids today who feel that the self-aggrandizing bully in the White House represents public service.




2 comments:

  1. I agree wholeheartedly--today's kids just don't know leadership.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so very glad you posted this. Hubs and I just had a long and awesome conversation about the times, the Kennedys,and today. Thanks for that, Gal. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.