Tuesday, April 28, 2020

"I'm your doctor now."

The sweetest words I've heard in a long time! I had a teleconference with an internist yesterday and it was so cool!

I've been without a doctor since mid-January, when my new doctor chose to leave the practice. (Good riddance, by the way.) The nurse practitioner I saw for my bronchitis recommended this doctor, but every time I tried to get an appointment, she had to reschedule. When there's a pandemic, my annual check up simply isn't a priority.

But here's the thing: my Epipen expires in July. I'm allergic to bee sting and I need a new prescription. Sooner rather than later. As warmer weather approaches, Epipens are often in short supply.

I called my prospective doctor's office and explained my plight. Her front desk scheduled the teleconference and sent me some e-paperwork. Yesterday doc and I kinda met. We talked for 15 minutes, she asked some high hard ones about my health history, and promised to submit my new prescription immediately. She's already been more responsive than her predecessor.

When I mentioned that I've felt vulnerable, going through this pandemic without a doctor, she reassured me, "I'm your doctor now."

Yea!



1 comment:

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.